Tuesday 19 April 2016

Track of the Day: Max Jury - Standing On My Own

Over the past couple of years there has been one artist who has stood head and shoulders above the rest as my enduring new music crush, and that is Max Jury.

From the moment I first heard the ethereal country twang of the Iowa native's first single 'Christian Eyes' through to his most recent gospel infused track 'Numb', there has been a timeless quality to his songwriting which continues to draw me in. 

As a special B-side for the aforementioned track he has released 'Standing On My Own' with the below video which documents the young artist's influences via the medium of vinyl; from Gordon Lightfoot to Ray Charles.

With his self titled debut LP out on June 3rd on Marathon Artists I have little doubt that 2016 will be the year that Max Jury brings his beautifully wistful tales of small town America to a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment